Please note that there may be significant travel delays on Saturday due to the March for our lives. more information can be found here
Friday, March 23, 2017 – American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 1200 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20005– Entrance @ 12th & H Streets
Saturday, March 24, 2017 – National Academy of Sciences (NAS) – 2101 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20418
The Consortium recommends that international students from countries that are not a part of the U.S. Department of State Visa Waver Program submit review the information provided here on participating in the Visa Waiver Program or obtaining a visitors Visa and approximate wait time for visa approval.
If you have questions or concerns about travel, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DC has many lovely hotels and hostels in the downtown core near AAAS and The National Academies, but there are also accommodations in the Dupont Circle Area or along the Metro Lines. The closest Metro stops to AAAS and The National Academies are Judiciary Square, Mt Vernon Square-Convention Center, and Gallery Place-Chinatown.
Hotels (approx. $100 – $200 /night and within walking distance).
- The Henley Park Hotel – 926 Massachusetts Ave., NW
- Hotel Harrington– 436 11th St., NW
- Grand Hyatt Washington – 1000 H St., NW
- The Westin Hotel – 1400 M St., NW
Hostels (all within 10 min walking or short Metro ride)
- Henley Park Hotel – 925 Massachusetts Avenue NW
- DC Lofty – 1333 11th St., NW
- Capital View – 301 I St., NW
- HI Washington – 1009 11th St., NW
- International House of Washington – 1110 6th St., NW
For Apartments or single rooms try:
Looking for Roommates? Post an inquiry to our Facebook page (remember to exercise care when sharing private information on a social media site).
Washington DC is served by three major airports:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
In addition, Amtrak serves Union Station via multiple train lines. Greyhound and Trailways also serve Union Station by multiple bus routes. Megabus and Bolt Bus also stop at Union Station.
Washington, DC is home to some of the East Coast’s best museums and monuments, as well as a wealth of restaurants, entertainment venues, and nightlife opportunities. We hope that you get to take advantage of several of them while you are here for the STGlobal conference.